Wishes for 2007
I got blog-tagged by Beta Alfa. The task at hand was to list five things that I hope or know will happen in 2007. Preferably both in the personal sphere and in a wider perspective, as I got it.
Here’s my list, though I’m sure if I had given it more thought I might have come up with five different things. I focused on my hopes for the year to come.
1. I’d like to get a chance to travel beyond Europe and Northern America. Though I’ve been to quite a few countries, most of them have been in the western world. I want to get a new perspective.
2. I hope for a breakthrough in the environmental struggle. That the world leaders start taking environmental issues seriously and that research leads to new and better environment-friendly products.
3. To keep being creative and to get new inspiration, whatever expression it wants to take. I want to keep on photographing a lot, expressing myself through creative writing, writing this blog, my blog on creative writing and my personal blog and keep enjoying it. Also to get creative challenges at work.
4. That traditional media and the blogosphere start talking less in terms of we and you and more in terms of us. I hope – and I believe this will happen, though perhaps only in small steps during 2007 – that journalists will step off their high horses and start interact much more with their readers, and invite them to contribute in a whole new way. And I also hope that the understanding and appreciation of the journalistic craft becomes greater in the blogosphere.
5. The last one’s private, though I felt I couldn’t exclude it, so I guess I’ll just have to be secretive about that one.