Category: CMW Archives

One in 2000

• February 23, 2007 • Comments (1)
One in 2000

I like visual aspects of surfing blogs, and I like to see faces. That’s why I introduced the “blog spin” on Läsarbladet, a small flash banner displaying random faces from Aftonbladet’s blog community and linking to their blogs. I also use MyBlogLog where I get to see the faces of visitors to my blogs, and […]

View Post

Aftonbladet Plus subscribers invited to upload videos to "Mitt klipp"

• February 23, 2007 • Comments (0)
Aftonbladet Plus subscribers invited to upload videos to "Mitt klipp"

Aftonbladet‘s new video clip site “Mitt klipp” (“My clip”) is up and running. Now members of the paid subscription service “Plus” can upload videos. Anyone can visit the site and look at the clips. I see this as the next step from the successful video clip toplists such as “Klipptoppen”, “Bebistoppen” and “Resatoppen”.

View Post

Bubblare.se bought by Eniro

• February 21, 2007 • Comments (0)

Swedish youtube clone Bubblare.se was bought by Eniro (well, 48.1% percent of the shares in Netclips AB which in turn owns the video community, and the option to acquire the remaining 51.9% of the shares) yesterday. The price: 1 million euro. Eniro is one of the leading search companies in Sweden, with 4800 employees and […]

View Post

Off on a break

• February 16, 2007 • Comments (0)

I’ll be spending the weekend offline, going to Storvik on a creative writing fieldtrip. I guess it could be called some IRL/offline collaborative citizen media creation. ; ) Expect new updates in this blog on Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

View Post

Baiduer launches English language version of blog

• February 13, 2007 • Comments (1)

Baiduer, a blog focused on immensely popular Chinese search engine Baidu, is now available in English. Since December, Baidu also has a blog search engine, so Baiduer could potentially become a good source for news about the Chinese blogosphere.

View Post

The Twingly effect

• February 13, 2007 • Comments (0)

Beta Alfa writes about the increase in the number of links to Svenska Dagbladet articles after the launch of the Twingly link boxes. Bloggers have noticed they get increased traffic if they link to articles where they get pingback links, which is only natural. But the system can have a negative effect if blog posts […]

View Post

Fiction writing in new ways

• February 13, 2007 • Comments (0)

SvD writes, in an interesting article by Karolina Andersson, about new ways for writing fiction. A couple of examples: Jennie Dieleman inviting the general public to finish her novel. And the upcoming Swedish version of a British tv show where known authors start a short story, then invite people to submit endings, a jury selects […]

View Post

AP and NowPublic partnership brings local cit-journ into big media

• February 13, 2007 • Comments (0)

Interesting partnership between the Associated Press and citizen journalism site NowPublic.com for local news. In a press release the two companies wrote that “the goal of the effort is to expand the world’s access to news as it happens”. CyberJournalist has more.

View Post

Swedish news sites narrowing the gap to the blogosphere

• February 11, 2007 • Comments (6)

This week saw the entry of Twingly-powered link boxes on Swedish newspaper sites Svenska Dagbladet (SvD) and Dagens Nyheter (DN). The two competing dailies both link to blog posts that comment their articles, the same functionality that Aftonbladet has in its blog portal, but more automatically integrated in the news sites. So far the link […]

View Post

Video clip on citizen journalism

• February 8, 2007 • Comments (1)
Video clip on citizen journalism

Click To Play iCommunity.TV points to a video clip which is the result of a 3-month documentary production course at Cambridge Community Television. The video is about citizen journalism and its implications. Though a bit long (15 minutes) and overloaded with voices saying “citizen journalism” over and over, it does feature some of the field’s […]

View Post

Geotagging makes YouTube videos local at iCommunity.TV

• February 8, 2007 • Comments (0)
Geotagging makes YouTube videos local at iCommunity.TV

iCommunity.TV is a new mashup service of YouTube and Google maps. As I predicted, geotagging will be big this year, and this is a good example, even if it remains to be seen how widely used the site will be – so far there are about 26 “place channels” which lets you watch video related […]

View Post

Great clip on the web 2.0 evolution

• February 6, 2007 • Comments (0)

So simple it’s brilliant. This clip was made by Michael Wesch, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Kansas State University.

View Post