Steve Outing on how small papers can survive
Steve Outing, in a recent “Stop the Presses” column in Editor & Publisher, lists ten things small newspapers can do to fight decline in circulation and become more web2.0 ticket op iphone.
The 10 things (check out Outing’s column for the details):
1. Copy and build from the industry leaders
2. Don’t hire print-focused employees
3 kann pdf-datei nicht herunterladen. Hire a hot-dog programmer, one way or another
4. Find (free or cheap) help and go crazy with experimentation
5. Make a class assignment.
6 Download teamviewer 12 for free. Join forces with other small papers
7. Develop lots of localized online communities
8. Utilize the camera-toting army
9. Mix up professional and citizen reporting
10 die sims 4 häuseren. Play off of what else is available online
And in the spirit of citizen content, let community members have their say in their own words — even if that means allowing bad grammar and misspellings skype kostenlose herunterladen. As long as it’s crystal clear that something is from a community member in his own words, very few people will mind.